Re: AIX 5.2 w/ password expiration patch

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_zip.com.au)
Date: 07/23/03

    Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:29:57 +1000
    To: Ryan.Kish@i-structure.com

    Ryan.Kish@i-structure.com wrote:
    > Thanks for the advice Darren.
    >
    > I continue to have issues compiling.

    I have backported the configure changes from -current that detect if
    loginfailed() takes 4 arguments and added a couple of ugly #ifdefs to
    handle that case.

    The new patch is available here:
    http://www.zip.com.au/~dtucker/openssh/openssh-3.6.1p2-passexpire23.patch

    Apply it to a fresh OpenSSH 3.6.1p2 tree and it should compile OK on 5.2
    (please cc: me if you have any further problems).

    BTW, the password expiry patch (not sure which version) is now included in
    IBM's own OpenSSH packages, so if they have the features you need you may
    like to use those:

    http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/projects/opensshi/

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

    • Re: SSH/openSSH on AIX 5.2
      ... >version of openssh 3.8.1 usable? ... file support for some reason. ... If you're compiling yourself, check ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.unix.aix)
    • Re: OpenSSH release schedule
      ... Martijn Bruns wrote: ... >When compiling with this version of sshd.c, ... RCSID is defined twice in a row. ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: getnameinfo failed
      ... compiling such security-related software. ... Well, you can try strace'ing sshd, but if that doesn't shed any light and ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Disconnecting: Corrupted MAC on input.
      ... > secure access to the unit. ... Recompiling it and OpenSSH resolved the issue (compiling openssl, ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (SSH)