Re: Allow logins by username

From: Ed J. Aivazian (stealth_at_arminco.com)
Date: 07/16/03

    Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:00:42 +0500
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Hello Daniel,

    DC> Is there a way to configure OpenSSH to only allow certain usernames to log
    DC> in?

    Sure, locate `AllowUsers' directive in sshd_config, the syntax is
    simple, see the examples.

    --
    Cheers
     Ed                            mailto:stealth@arminco.com

    • Re: gdm3 exclude certain usernames
      ... exclude certain usernames from the login screen. ... Disclaimer - I know nothing of gnome, but no one else has answered... ... That website gave me the syntax I needed. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: cant forward X11
      ... AC> works ok when I use openSSH as a client...) ... there is disagreement about what syntax of the DISPLAY variable ... indicates a Unix-domain vs Internet socket for talking to the X server, ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: SSH ignoriert pam?
      ... wer sich einloggen darf. ... OpenSSH OpenSSH_4.3p1-hpn aber leider nicht:( ... Ist AllowUsers in sshd_config keine Option für dich? ...
      (de.comp.os.unix.linux.misc)
    • exporting * importing users into groups
      ... I am wanting to export a list of usernames from an AD group & then ... but Im not sure of the syntax. ... pljdoyle's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/pljdoyle.htm ...
    • Re: restricted SSH users
      ... AllowUsers ... HT> I am running openssh-3.4p1 on a Unix system. ... Could Openssh only allow some ... HT> specific users to log in the server, ...
      (SSH)