Question about passphrases with protocol 1.

From: Steven W. Orr (steveo_at_syslang.net)
Date: 07/13/03

    Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 15:45:36 -0400 (EDT)
    To: ssh list <secureshell@securityfocus.com>

    I just recently installed keychain (which I think is pretty cool).

    I have two keys. The first is a DSA ssh2 key and the second is ssh1 RSA.

    When I first log in (after a fresh reboot), it runs ssh-agent and then
    runs ssh-add. The problem is that both keys have the same passphrase but
    I only get asked for one passphrase. This, even though it clearly knows
    that it's loading two keys.

    keychain ~/.ssh/id_dsa ~/.ssh/identity
    . ~/.keychain/$(uname -n)-sh

    Despite this, both keys seem to work fine. Can someone explain this?

    --
    -Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like a banana. Stranger things have -
    -happened but none stranger than this. Does your driver's license say Organ
    steveo at syslang.net