XTerm & OpenSSH question w/ freezing.

From: war (war_at_lucidpixels.com)
Date: 07/10/03

    Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 08:36:22 -0400 (EDT)
    To: "Thomas E. Dickey" <dickey@herndon4.his.com>, tom@invisible-island.net

    Sometimes when I use openssh (latest) and do find . or ls -lR /dev or
    similiar, my xterm 'freezes up', there is no way to fix it but to kill the
    xterm usually.

    This NEVER occurs in telnet.
    The error is completely reproducable when you come across it.
    ie: one may just be browsing the filesystem and when you come across this
    problem, you can launch another xterm and the EXACT same thing happens
    when you try to do it again

    Bug reports on similiar issues seem to be sparse and people I know never
    seem to have the problem, perhaps they use ssh from a windows machine.

    I was wondering what causes this, and is there a way to fix it?

    • Re: Ethereal
      ... > Xlib: No protocol specified ... as your user from another xterm ... should fix things, or install a modern distro which should setup ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • using less in a bash script, screen blanking, alternate screen
      ... I am running this script in a plan xterm, ... does not fix the problem - same blanking output. ... In fact, uncommenting line 4 gives an error, since the command is ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: XTerm & OpenSSH question w/ freezing.
      ... > similiar, my xterm 'freezes up', there is no way to fix it but to kill the ... > xterm usually. ... The only issue that comes to mind is the fix for blinking cursor a few ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: [9fans] drawterm crash
      ... Just try to paste anything coming from X. (e.g. paint some text from ... an xterm, then try to paste it on some terminal on drawterm, using the ... just fix the compile warning and you'll be good-to-go. ...
      (comp.os.plan9)
    • xterm: how to open a new xterm and run telnet
      ... following alias to create a xterm window and then do telnet. ... I want execute telnet command with xterm so that i don't have to type ...
      (comp.unix.shell)