Re: question

From: Stephen Biggs (xyzzy_at_hotpop.com)
Date: 07/10/03

    To: SSH list <secureshell@securityfocus.com>
    Date: 10 Jul 2003 15:23:35 +0300

    According to what I can gather from the code, if a channel open can't
    forward tcp if requested, or can't forward X11 when requested or fails
    the request to an auth agent, this error is returned. Without knowing
    more about the inner workings of SSH, I can't say any further.
    Hopefully, this should be enough to help.

    On Wed, 2003-07-09 at 21:22, Glenn Horton wrote:

    > I'm trying to use OpenSSH to tunnel some application data. I am getting
    > the error message...
    >
    > debug1: channel 2: new [direct-tcpip]
    > channel 2: open failed: administratively prohibited: Channel open failed.
    >
    > Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong? I get this in the shell
    > that I used to start ssh to connect from Linux to Windows. Windows is running SSH
    > from SSH Communications Security and Linux is running OpenSSH.
    >
    > Glenn Horton SAS Institute
    > 919-531-6640 R4306 SAS Campus Dr.
    > Glenn.Horton@sas.com Cary, N.C. 27513
    >
    > SAS... The Power to Know

    • proxy via ssh
      ... I have a question about the proxy through ssh, ... Squid proxy enabled on port 8080 for 127.0.0.1 only ... ssh client configured to connect serverA ... HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Kerberos Single sign on not working
      ... Generated subkey for TGS request: ... Sending request to ZMEDIA.ULTRASOUND.COM ... kinit can send an AS requests to the realm's KDC ... ssh cannot receive a TGS reply from the realm's KDC (because of the ...
      (comp.protocols.kerberos)
    • Re: SSH only option
      ... followed by a request for my SSH details. ... the https option on connection. ... SSH connection. ... Should I reset to factory settings and then once finally ...
      (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
    • SSH Problem with TCPIP V5.4?
      ... with messages from SSH. ... Message from user INTERnet on SHAGGY ... INTERnet ACP SSH Accept Request from Host: 80.53.255.44 Port: 3065 ...
      (comp.os.vms)
    • port forward request fails on solaris8
      ... I think my problem is a programming issue, ... ssh opens one port and forward data to me. ... But when I doing on Solaris8, port forwarding request fails. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)