Re: can sshd accepts connection using PKI only?

From: Dr. K.M. Ku (kmku_at_hku.hk)
Date: 07/09/03

    To: "Kevin Calman" <codex24@yahoo.com>, <secureshell@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 12:15:12 +0800

    I overlooked the man page.

    Yes, it works. thx all. 8)

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Kevin Calman" <codex24@yahoo.com>
    To: "Dr. K.M. Ku" <kmku@hku.hk>; <secureshell@securityfocus.com>
    Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 12:04 PM
    Subject: Re: can sshd accepts connection using PKI only?

    > Yes, the options you want are:
    > PubKeyAuthentication=yes,
    > PasswordAuthentication=no
    > Specify these in the /etc/shd_config file and restart
    > the sshd.
    > --- "Dr. K.M. Ku" <kmku@hku.hk> wrote:
    > > Dear ALL,
    > >
    > > I want to stop user from logging in interactively.
    > > Instead, user must be
    > > present his/her key in the server in advance.
    > > Can opensshd acheive this purpose?
    > >
    > > thank you in advance,
    > > KM Ku
    > >

    > =====
    > Opinions herein are exclusively my own, unless you share them.
    > Kevin Calman, codex24 at yahoo dot com, Austin, TX, US

    • Re: sshd closes connection immediately after login
      ... on Interix. ... proceeds to close the connection. ... I have not fiddled with the sshd configuration files ... You did an OS upgrade. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • RE: sshd does not die when client issues control-C or closes
      ... I have been tesing OpenSSH sshd running under uClinux using Putty, ... I set my Client Keep alive parameters to issue 4 requests every ... # Or after 1 connection deny subsequent connections up to 2 ...
      (SSH)
    • RE: X11 Forwarding
      ... Upon receipt of a connection request, ... the daemon forks, creating a new process. ... I guess all those forums out there saying that sshd reads the config ... First do a "ps -f" to get the PPID ...
      (SSH)
    • sshd brake-in attempts
      ... I have been seeing some strange entries in my authlog ... sshd: illegal option -- v ... Connection from 211.218.166.200 port 2273 ... Did not receive ident string from 211.218.166.200. ...
      (Incidents)
    • Re: C/R without "leaks"
      ... sshd: to give up the connection when something goes wrong. ... server consolidation with a virtual machine, your do with containers. ...
      (Linux-Kernel)