Re: can sshd accepts connection using PKI only?

From: James Riden (j.riden_at_massey.ac.nz)
Date: 07/09/03

    To: "Dr. K.M. Ku" <kmku@hku.hk>
    Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 11:57:14 +1200

    "Dr. K.M. Ku" <kmku@hku.hk> writes:

    > Dear ALL,
    >
    > I want to stop user from logging in interactively. Instead, user must be
    > present his/her key in the server in advance.
    > Can opensshd acheive this purpose?

    Does setting the following in /etc/sshd_config do what you want?

    PasswordAuthentication no

    (man sshd_config for more info, on my machine at least). Make sure you
    don't lock yourself out.

    cheers,
     Jamie

    --
    James Riden / j.riden@massey.ac.nz / Systems Programmer
    This post does not necessarily represent the views of my employer.

    • Re: RDP Sessions not "disconnecting"
      ... You can logon to the Console as Admin and Disconnect instead of logging off and this will leave Admin logged on to Synch Act and will leave 2 more Remote slots open. ... The other choice is to disconnect from a normal session as Admin instead of Logging off and when you connect again you will resume your session. ... server based apps - she also hits it from remote. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: MCSA Elective Choices??
      ... Most likely your employer did this because it actually takes 30-40 hours per week just to maintain accounts for 13,000 people, so rather than share work among a staff of network administrators, your employer has delegated specific functions to individual full-time employees. ... which has 2 more years and we are not going to server 2008 in this contract. ... But Windows Server 2008 may have less to do with your elective than you're thinking. ... 70-620 is a Vista exam. ...
      (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
    • Re: NDR delivery delayed errors keep coming, any advice?
      ... I have turned on the logging as you requested, and when I get a DNR 4.4.7, I ... The sending server tried to ... Delivery status notifications in Exchange Server and in Small Business ... The SMTP logging files are located in ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Login Errors Seem to indicate we are being hacked?
      ... As an example, my Sonicwall keeps a log that I can read from the regular UI, as well as having the ability to report to a syslog server or e-mail out the log info. ... thing on the box using that authentication package. ... The SMTP or IIS logs should answer everything. ... I'm not familiar with that particular router or its logging capabilities, ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Exchange 2007 distribution group creation
      ... I checked this and they all have level 1 diagnostic logging. ... your DCs that your Exchange server talks to. ... universal distribution group in exchange management console. ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)