Re: SSHd, host keys and an active/passive cluster

From: Andrew Raphael (
Date: 07/04/03

    Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 09:23:04 +1000 (EST)

    Jason Price wrote:
    > I'm working on configuring ssh on several new clusters for work. Idealy,
    > I'd like to have host keys for a specific IP address. Each host will have
    > it's own IP (host-sf1 and host-sf2), and a 'floating' IP that will be
    > on the current active host.

    The active/active cluster I run at CISRA just has identical host
    keys on all the cluster servers. That way we can login to the real
    server IPs and the service group IPs and it doesn't matter which
    server has the floating IPs.

    Andrew Raphael <>
    Principal System Administrator
    Canon Information Systems Research Australia	Phone: +61 2 9805 2915
    PO Box 313 NORTH RYDE NSW 2113			Fax: +61 2 9805 2929