Re: SSHd, host keys and an active/passive cluster

From: Andrew Raphael (raphael_at_research.canon.com.au)
Date: 07/04/03

    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 09:23:04 +1000 (EST)

    Jason Price wrote:
    > I'm working on configuring ssh on several new clusters for work. Idealy,
    > I'd like to have host keys for a specific IP address. Each host will have
    > it's own IP (host-sf1 and host-sf2), and a 'floating' IP that will be
    > on the current active host.

    The active/active cluster I run at CISRA just has identical host
    keys on all the cluster servers. That way we can login to the real
    server IPs and the service group IPs and it doesn't matter which
    server has the floating IPs.

    --
    Andrew Raphael <andrew.raphael@cisra.canon.com.au>
    Principal System Administrator

    • Re: 4 Queries about DB clustering
      ... All drives will need to be visible to all hosts for failover. ... I support the Professional Association for SQL Server ... > I have a similar situation where I plan to install/configure multi-instance> cluster. ... SQL binaries will live on>> the local disks of each cluster host. ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
    • Re: Virtualized VMS in clusters (general questions)
      ... I'm trying to wrap my head around how virtualized VMS systems participate in certain aspects of clustering and volume shadowing. ... The host operating system forwards Ethernet traffic to a virtualized NIC on ... the virtual VAX or Alpha, which can then participate in an NI cluster, no ... has a wwid and the EVA has to present the disk to the real host, ...
      (comp.os.vms)
    • NLB Convergence Issue Where Connections Switch to Host 2 While the primary Host 1 is still running
      ... MEANS AND HAS ALWAYS MEANT THAT AS LONG AS HOST 1 IS UP AND THE ... APPLICATION IS RUNNING THE FIX CONNECTIONS SHOULDN'T SWITCH TO HOST 2. ... What might cause a hicup where a host leaves and rejoins a cluster ... Here is the output of the NLB Status command. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.clustering)
    • Virtualized VMS in clusters (general questions)
      ... I made them sound like plain VMS questions, ... The host operating system forwards Ethernet traffic to a virtualized NIC on ... the virtual VAX or Alpha, which can then participate in an NI cluster, no ... has a wwid and the EVA has to present the disk to the real host, ...
      (comp.os.vms)
    • WLBS on Windows 2000 Advanced Server
      ... We have a number of Windows 2000 Advanced Servers that are set-up to use ... other times I have to remove and reinstall Network Load Balancing. ... Host 7 converging with the following hostas part of the cluster: ... Notice that host 7 isn't actually listed along the second line with the rest ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)