Re: Second instance if SSH not running

From: Roy S. Rapoport (rsr_at_inorganic.org)
Date: 06/27/03

    Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:47:40 -0700
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 11:21:15AM -0600, jhidalgo wrote:
    > What you need is to add ssh2 in /etc/services like this:
    [...]
    > and change /etc/inetd.conf like this:
    [...]
    > > I am running AIX 4.3 and I am having a problem
    > > starting
    > > multiple instances of ssh. It seems as if the second
    > > line (referring to initiating ssh on port 443 is not
    > > starting. I have the following two lines in my
    > > inetd.conf file:

    Am I insane, or is the usual way for running SSH as a standalone daemon? I
    don't seem to recall that AIX had a problem with standalones -- does it?

    -roy

    • Re: Address already in use
      ... just remove the ssh line from inetd. ... I'm running FreeBSD 5.4 and sshd as a ...
      (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
    • Re: Address already in use
      ... xeno wrote: ... just remove the ssh line from inetd. ...
      (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
    • Re: AIX 5.2L "who" question
      ... You have solved my problem with the who command showing ... ssh logins. ... I have another ssh question if you could help. ... Subject: AIX 5.2L "who" question ...
      (AIX-L)
    • Re: How restrict network login on AIX for everything BUT SSH? (RLOGIN=FALSE & loginrestrictions
      ... Unfortunately I WANT to disable telnet, rsh, rlogin etc for an account, BUT keep SSH enabled. ... However in Aix v5.3 full pam support was added, and our LAM module broke and we have been unable to figure out how to get it working again. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: AIX 5.2L "who" question
      ... SSH is corrupting the utmp file! ... where did you get the SSH server you are running? ... We have a 44P-270 running AIX 5.2L, when users connected via ssh they can't ... Monitoring ...
      (AIX-L)