Re: Time Out Function in SSH

From: Jeff D (blue_at_ev01.net)
Date: 06/18/03

    Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 13:27:32 -0700
    To: "Krug, Robyn # ATLANTA" <Robyn.Krug@globalpay.com>

    Krug, Robyn # ATLANTA wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >Does anyone know if there is a time out feature in SSH and if so how to implement it? I'm looking for this so that I can log off users that have been idle for an hour or more.
    >
    >Thanks for your help!
    >Robyn

    Hi Robyn,

    from man sshd_config:

        ClientAliveInterval
                 Sets a timeout interval in seconds after which if no data has
                 been received from the client, sshd will send a message through
                 the encrypted channel to request a response from the
    client. The
                 default is 0, indicating that these messages will not be
    sent to
                 the client. This option applies to protocol version 2 only.

    hth
    Jeff

    • Re: ssh-agent forwarding
      ... > and I load the key there, so the point 1 is perfect, from A I do ssh B ... I am using OpenSSH in all the machines. ... that you intend to use feature. ... if you intend to use the feature. ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: How do I get OpenSSH to require both RSA and password authorization?
      ... >>Stefan Schumacher wrote: ... >>I need a ssh that is able to require RSA AND password authorization. ... >>implementation of this feature in openssh or not. ... I know that i can get this feature from ssh.com and customers of mine ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: How do I get OpenSSH to require both RSA and password authorization?
      ... >>Stefan Schumacher wrote: ... >>I need a ssh that is able to require RSA AND password authorization. ... >>implementation of this feature in openssh or not. ... I know that i can get this feature from ssh.com and customers of mine ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: p650 HMC software version Upgrade?
      ... You can still ssh into the system remotely but your are given a restricted ... Looking to see if anyone has updated their HMC software version to the ... want to lose this feature. ... bind CSC to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written ...
      (AIX-L)
    • Re: graphical ftp client that can copy/paste
      ... > I have to work with an ftp site that does not also have ssh or telnet access ... > a feature to copy and paste files. ... The "Connect to Server" feature in GNOME seems to ...
      (Debian-User)