RE: PAM based authentication?

From: Ben Lindstrom (mouring_at_etoh.eviladmin.org)
Date: 06/18/03

    Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 14:11:41 -0500 (CDT)
    To: Anurag Bhatia <Anuragb@ami.com>

    If you don't have the source code.. you can't enable/disable PAM. That is
    just the facts of life.

    - Ben

    On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Anurag Bhatia wrote:

    > Hello Ben,
    > Thanks for ur help. I tried configuring sshd with --with-pam option and it
    > worked. Im now able to use PAM and MD5 based password support with ssh
    > access.
    > What if I don't have access to the source code to reconfigure?
    > What if I just want to use oone of many configuration files in ssh to enable
    > PAM for password authentication? Is there a way to do it?
    > Regards,
    > Anurag

    • Re: Cerebral Aneurism
      ... On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 20:19:51 GMT, Pam the goose commented ... Notepad. ... If you look at the source code ... I see a 1-tabstop indent per line, which shows as 4 spaces in Firefox View ...
      (uk.people.silversurfers)
    • Re: HPUX password change problem
      ... I am using PAM to change the password. ... I am attaching the source code here ... int changePasswd ...
      (comp.unix.admin)
    • Re: Authenticate a User.
      ... > only thing is I want it to work even if there is no support for PAM. ... > fact if you see the source code of openssh, it uses PAM, but also has ... > the passwd and shadow support. ... > function that does PAM authentication, ...
      (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
    • Re: Authenticate a User.
      ... It is not, that we are not planning to use PAM for authentication, the ... fact if you see the source code of openssh, it uses PAM, but also has ... the passwd and shadow support. ...
      (comp.os.linux.development.apps)