Upgrading ssh 2.1.0.p12 to ssh 3.2.0

From: Andrews, Paul (Paul.Andrews_at_staples.com)
Date: 06/17/03

    To: 'ssh mail list' <secureshell@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 10:50:52 -0400

    SSHer's,

    Im not sure if my clients who have created keys in 2.1.0 and distributed
    them to systems they ssh too, would be impacted by me upgrading there
    client system to 3.2.0...??? Will they need to regenerate new keys and
    distribute..?

    Thanks

    Paul

    • [Full-Disclosure] SSH vs. TLS
      ... I'm having an interesting debate with a security architect about the ... This person is pushing for the use of TLS Telnet instead of SSH for the ... - There must be a secure means by which all server keys are distributed to ... appropriate ssh clients. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] SSH vs. TLS
      ... > frowned upon by network ops and security. ... > - There must be a secure means by which all server keys are distributed to ... > appropriate ssh clients. ... > servers from using expired keys. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: Its time for those 2048-, 3072-, and 4096-bit keys?
      ... > basically) can't handle keys over 1024 bits in length, ... > which may have old clients connection. ... > "Niklaus Wirth has lamented that, whereas Europeans pronounce his name ... Americans invariably mangle it into ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)
    • Re: Need to revert behavior of OpenSSH to the old key order ...
      ... Everything goes just fine, but when I am done, existing clients are now presented with this message: ... The authenticity of host 'hostname ' can't be established ... You must be using different keys for your server than the one that has ... If I simply REMOVE the RSA keys, the error goes away, and existing DSA-using clients no longer bomb out, but this is NOT a good solution for two reasons: ...
      (freebsd-hackers)
    • Re: Blocked remote calls with COM+ and MSDTC
      ... appears to have been lost! ... _keys table you get interleaved rows. ... For instance say two clients cause ... assume they have been given the ID of the start of a contiguous range of IDs they ...