Re: Idle Time again (OpenSSH_3.6.1p1)

From: Markus Friedl (markus_at_openbsd.org)
Date: 06/13/03

    Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 19:42:57 +0200
    To: Laurence Casey <lcasey@lcasey.com>

    On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 12:57:27PM -0400, Laurence Casey wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have seen this topic on the list for some time now, but without any
    > solid solutions. Can anybody shed some light on the subject. My current
    > configuration has the following lines.
    >
    > ClientAliveInterval 5m
    > ClientAliveCountMax 3
    >
    > Every five minutes I get the following:
    >
    > debug1: client_input_channel_req: channel 0 rtype keepalive@openssh.com
    > reply 1
    >
    > I would suspect that at the end of the 3rd count it would end the
    > session, but that is not the case. Have I missed something or is a patch
    > avaiable? Any help would be appriciated.

    every 5 minutes you'll get the request.

    if your client does not reply to 3 in a row, then
    the server will close the connection.

    try to kill -STOP the client.

    • Re: breaking the model
      ... > The forms data then is in the Request object. ... HTTP Request; in this case, the form POST Request from the Page. ... client and server. ...
    • Re: Resolving record with enumerated type
      ... In a CPU BFM package, ... because data goes in two directions (request from the ... from the server to the client), you'll need some way to orchestrate ...
      (comp.lang.vhdl)
    • Re: NadaNet file server coming soon...
      ... Applesoft BASIC running under ProDOS, in less than 300 lines, ... After each command is completed by the server, ... client the result code, the AUX TYPE, ... forgoes queueing (since one client can't have more than one request ...
      (comp.sys.apple2)
    • Re: Kerberos with Windows Integrated authentication
      ... behaviour if your Web server is in the client broweser's Internet zone. ... referencing it by computer name rather than FQDN), the browser will request ... Obviously, if you want to use Kerberos for authentication, you will either ...
    • Re: Performance Issue with Runtime Image
      ... >> the client, closes the connection, then dies. ... request before even accepting the next incoming connection. ... The client program is unaffected so presumably the server is ...
      (comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin)