Re: SFTP without SSH session access

yuki_at_mbc.ocn.ne.jp
Date: 06/05/03

    Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 01:10:00 +0900 (JST)
    To: ak@cdi.ucla.edu

    > From: "Andrey Kozhukhovskiy" <ak@cdi.ucla.edu>
    > Subject: SFTP without SSH session access
    > Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 12:31:58 -0700

    (snip)

    > Now, suppose I have SSH (session) and SFTP access to my system. Suppose,
    > for some a reason, I don't want users to connect from outside the LAN even
    > over SSH to create a command session. And I still want to allow them SFTP
    > access from outside for file transfer. In this case, I can not use the
    > above technique, as SSH and SFTP both use the same port, which is 22.
    > Moreover, SFTP uses SSH for authorization.
    >
    > The question is, if it is possible to allow users to transfer files over
    > SFTP, while restricting SSH sessions from outside?
    > Thanks,
    > Andrey

    See:
      http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/121/318568/2003-04-09/2003-04-15/1

    • Re: SFTP without SSH session access
      ... The response was great. ... responses, search for "anonymous sftp". ... SFTP without SSH session access ... suppose I have SSH and SFTP access to my system. ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: Batch job to perform sftp transfer
      ... It relies on copying datasets to temporary HFS files ... I used /bin/cat with ssh so that I could transfer the data and pipe it to ... The IBM version of sftp doesn't support datasets, ... Batch job to perform sftp transfer ...
      (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
    • RE: SFTP without SSH session access
      ... SFTP without SSH session access ... SFTP, while restricting SSH sessions from outside? ... the traditional way of limiting users to FTP access with command shell, ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: [opensuse] what networking file system to use for our home office?
      ... SSH server on Your "server" and from Your clients connect using SFTP or ... You can login using SSH ... certificates or just let clients' computers to remember passwords. ... I usually sit at university, so I have good connection, but even from home ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: secure file transfer FROM z/OS
      ... FTPS. ... SSH SFTP. ... This is supported by z/OS Ported Tools - OpenSSH. ... better native z/OS features than Ported Tools SSH ...
      (bit.listserv.ibm-main)