Re: Bad host name error

From: Stephen Biggs (xyzzy_at_hotpop.com)
Date: 05/24/03

    To: SSH list <secureshell@securityfocus.com>
    Date: 24 May 2003 18:51:19 +0300

    Did you check /etc/hosts? Or if you are doing local DNS, then check
    that... looks like it is failing a reverse DNS lookup. Also, check
    sshd_config and see if "VerifyReverseMapping" is set, and if so, then
    make sure that is what you want. I am assuming that you have control of
    the SSHD side, also, since you mentioned sshd_config as one of the
    things you checked.