SCP help

From: Thotapalli, Ravi (ravi.thotapalli_at_eds.com)
Date: 05/28/03

    To: "'secureshell@securityfocus.com'" <secureshell@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 09:51:26 -0500

    Hi I am trying to write a script using scp in which I would like to pass the
    password to the script by means of standard input (via a file) could anyone
    let me know if you have tried this already and if it works or not. I have
    used the same with ftp and it works but for some reason with scp I am unable
    to do that.

    thanks
    Ravi Thotapalli
    Phone (415)-551-5655
    Mail ravi.thotapalli@eds.com

    • Re: yet another question on file names with spaces?
      ... > What's echo for? ... know what they are before the script runs - see below. ... present locally, but not remotely, I copy to the remote machine via scp. ... images and pdfs which I only want to transfer once. ...
      (comp.unix.shell)
    • Re: scp and scripts?
      ... The following is basically what I want the script to do, ... >> but I heard scp will not work with authentication. ... > an SSH key of the appropriate type. ... > want a passphrase; press enter to use a blank passphrase. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • RE: Script doesnt complete via Cron
      ... Assuming you are using rsa or dsa public key authentication for the ... Setting it up under root's crontab won't work - the ... I have an user account called "copy" created for scp transfers. ... Script doesn't complete via Cron ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Net::Scp
      ... When I run the script if I run it for just one ... the possibilities of deadlock with respect to Open3 (which is maybe what ... be the problem, as the Perl program isn't prompting for one, it is the ... scp doing that, but if the scp's pipes are being handled by the Open3 ...
      (perl.beginners)
    • Automatic script with crontab/ssh
      ... I am about to make a script that copies files from one Linux server ... scp to copy the files. ... scp ftp1 server2.xxx.com: ... scp ftp2 server2.xxx.com: ...
      (comp.unix.shell)