RE: Restarting sshd v3.6.1 on Solaris

From: wjnorth (wjnorth_at_earthlink.net)
Date: 05/18/03

    To: <Jason.Santos@pinnaclewest.com>, <cmcintos@csc.com>, <secureshell@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 09:49:45 -0700

    That's a good idea as well, unless you want everyone to start using that
    config, then all shells have to be killed as well.

    This isn't a very solvable problem, if the system is hardened completely
    the only other way to access the system would be either physically or
    through a console connection. I personally am unaware of a remote SSH
    start command, without using a tool that can monitor the shell. We use
    NetCool and it does a great job. In fact all of our SNMP traffic is
    forwarded over SSH tunnels to the probes, if those tunnels go down,
    Netcool attempts to restart them as well. Very nice.

    -Wes