RE: Restarting sshd v3.6.1 on Solaris

From: wjnorth (wjnorth_at_earthlink.net)
Date: 05/17/03

    To: "Curt D McIntosh" <cmcintos@csc.com>, <secureshell@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 13:29:14 -0700

    Curt,

    Why not just setup a cron job to run every few minutes and if the SSHD
    daemon is down, restart it. Or you could simply create a script and stick it
    in a continuous loop, sleep every few minutes, then check the daemon that
    way.

    If sshd is not running there isn't a way to restart it unless you have
    physical access to the system, or console access via a terminal
    concentrator.

    -Wes