SSH and AIX

From: Ben Falls (ben_f_falls_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/14/03

    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 09:11:59 -0400

    We have installed ssh on our AIX (4.3.3 and 5.1) systems. It seems that ssh
    doesn't look at the AIX specific login parameters however. We have quite a
    few IDs that we do nt want people to logon with. We have set these up as "su
    only" IDs (rlogin=false login=false su=true). Using traditional methods such
    as telnet or rsh these IDs cannot login to the box. However with ssh they
    get right in, defeating the whole purpose of these IDs.

    Our ssh version is: OpenSSH_3.0.2p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL
    0x0090602f

    Did we miss something in the ssh configuration? Any ideas and assistance
    would be appreciated.

    Thanks in advance,

    Ben

    • Re: Queries via ssh-tunnel
      ... resides on a Linux Server in our DMZ. ... IDS question) that you need to know? ... of tunnel I want an IDS port answering and accepting connections. ... A process (be it ssh or stunnel) listens on a network interface on a given port on machine A ...
      (comp.databases.informix)
    • Re: Need some information on HIDS!
      ... I have already invoked such a scenario in some of my previous IDS ... what I had in mind is that sniffing local data should be done in the IP ... stack after it's been dealt with by the encryption layer. ... Maybe SSH was not the best ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Re: Help in writing Network IDS/IPS signature to detect sftp vulnerability
      ... You can use network behavior analysis to detect abnormal traffic ... What IDS are you using? ... the attack data is encrypted within the encrypted SSH. ... Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from CORE ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Re: AIX 5.2L "who" question
      ... You have solved my problem with the who command showing ... ssh logins. ... I have another ssh question if you could help. ... Subject: AIX 5.2L "who" question ...
      (AIX-L)
    • Re: How restrict network login on AIX for everything BUT SSH? (RLOGIN=FALSE & loginrestrictions
      ... Unfortunately I WANT to disable telnet, rsh, rlogin etc for an account, BUT keep SSH enabled. ... However in Aix v5.3 full pam support was added, and our LAM module broke and we have been unable to figure out how to get it working again. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)