anonymous sftp?

From: Oscar Knight (knightod_at_appstate.edu)
Date: 05/12/03

    Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 10:48:02 -0400 (EDT)
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Hello Everyone,

    I want to setup an anonymous sftp account! IE, a password auth account
    with a null password. NO shell access. Permission to read/get a
    directory structure/files and possibly also put files. Is this possible?
    What ssh flavor should I use? If possible, I would like to use OpenSSH.

    In general I'm wondering if it's possible to replace anonymous ftp with
    some form of anonymous sftp. I realize that this requires all user's of
    the "site" to potentially install some additional software.

    Thanks in advance,
    odk

    --
    Oscar D. Knight                                     knightod@appstate.edu
    Network Support Services                              Voice: 828-262-6946