RE: How to configure OpenSSH logging

From: Ramos, Anthony T, SOLCM (atramos_at_att.com)
Date: 04/30/03

    Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:36:18 -0500
    To: "Max Gregis" <mgregis@sorint.it>, "Nguyen, David M" <david.m.nguyen@xo.com>

    Is there a particular startup mode or switch necessary to make this
    logging take affect? I don't know about David, but I get no results
    with this(?)...

    (sshd_config)
    # Logging
    #obsoletes QuietMode and FascistLogging
    SyslogFacility USER
    LogLevel DEBUG

    (syslog.conf)
    user.debug /var/adm/sshlog

    PS: I've restarted both ssh and syslog daemons of course...

    Thanks,
    Anthony