restricting public-key access to scp/sftp

From: Greg Norris (haphazard@kc.rr.com)
Date: 04/23/03

    Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 21:39:57 -0500
    From: Greg Norris <haphazard@kc.rr.com>
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Is it possible to restrict access to scp/sftp, using the "command="
    option in ~/.ssh/authorized_keys? So far, I haven't been able to craft
    an appropriate entry. The server will be OpenSSH (>= 3.4p1), running
    on various *nix platforms.

    I don't have admin access on the servers, so I can't do things like
    installing special shells.

    • Re: Need help with Apache configuration. Broken images and css
      ... # This file contains all configuration options ... # tsl 11/05/2001: Added password protection for NIN Senior Health ... # General Server Configuration options ... # Currently restrict access to NLM ...
      (comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix)
    • Re: compromised server
      ... Restrict access to your box using IP Firewall services. ... the less secure your server is. ... will enable you to view various programs and ports being use. ... In anycase being hacked rootkits install various programs to setup setuid ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)
    • Re: Ask EU- Webcams
      ... If you are running a webserver on your own PC you are solely responsible for the security and setup for that server. ... If your website generates abnormally high hit levels or generates ... you may run other servers but be aware that we reserve the right to restrict access to them should they cause network problems or should we receive complaints from other customers. ... mike dot mcmillan at ntlworld dot com ...
      (uk.media.radio.archers)
    • Re: Need help with Apache configuration. Broken images and css
      ... # tsl 11/05/2001: Added password protection for NIN Senior Health ... # General Server Configuration options ... AllowOverride None ... # Currently restrict access to NLM ...
      (comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix)
    • Re: Mount HD from different PC without Login
      ... the server does not have USB. ... | As in a workgroup environment users would have to logon on each 'server' ... | still need to restrict access), I want to mount the HD in a transparent ... without entering their passwords again (and ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.file_system)