Re: non-commercial ssh-3.2.3, IRIX 6.5

From: Atro Tossavainen (
Date: 04/23/03

    From: Atro Tossavainen <>
    Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 01:45:57 +0300 (EEST)

    > having problem to use the ssh-3.2.3 client under IRIX 6.5 (noncommercial
    > ssh version):
    > trying
    > ssh2 <some host>
    > fails with
    > warning: Connecting to <some host> failed: TCP/IP Failure
    > Strange: When using the target ip address instead of the target hostname, ssh connection
    > will be successful.

    Try compiling with MIPSpro instead of gcc?

    For some reason, this reminds me of the old inet_aton problem with gcc
    on IRIX where all connecting addresses would register as
    in the system logs (when sshd was compiled with gcc, that is).

    Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
    Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,
    +358-9-19158939  UNIX Dinosaur     / employs me, but my opinions are my own.
    File attachments NOT welcome unless agreed to beforehand.