Re: OpenSSH 3.6.1 Upgrade question

From: Roy S. Rapoport (rsr@inorganic.org)
Date: 04/21/03

    Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 11:50:38 -0700
    From: "Roy S. Rapoport" <rsr@inorganic.org>
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 09:28:48AM -0400, Hoff, Dustin - BLS CTR wrote:
    > What happens if you compile openssh on one system and install the binaries
    > and config files (but no openssl libraries) on another system? truss(1)
    > reports errors trying to stat files in /usr/local/ssl/lib (or what ever you
    > configure), but everything still works. (I just tested this on solaris 8
    > with OpenSSH 3.4p1)

    This is a good reason to either package your OpenSSH in a way that allows the
    package to be installed elsewhere (which is what we do with Solaris) or to
    build OpenSSL and zlib into the Openssh directory.

    -roy

    • CSW packages dependecy management.
      ... So I decided to install the openssh package from CSW with: ... The package got removed flawlessley. ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • CSW packages dependecy management.
      ... So I decided to install the openssh package from CSW with: ... The package got removed flawlessley. ...
      (comp.sys.sun.admin)
    • Re: trojaned SSHD ?
      ... I'd recommend moving to OpenSSH, which supports both ssh1 and ssh2 ... platforms, including Solaris. ... Information relevant to the installation of SSH on NCMIR systems. ... * Install Zlib 1.1.2 libraries, compiling from source, on Solaris and IRIX ...
      (Focus-SUN)
    • Re: How to install emacs on Kubuntu
      ... otherwise just use apt-get install openssh ... Reading package lists... ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: Authentication failed suddenly
      ... I had to play the gcc re-installation game to get OpenSSH 3.4p1 to ... this is absolutely no reason to tell people to stay away from ... On both the Solaris installs I did, I built with the default privsep ... actually the 'make install' did the latter for me) - ...
      (comp.security.ssh)