Re: OpenSSH 3.6.1 Upgrade question

From: Ben Lindstrom (mouring@etoh.eviladmin.org)
Date: 04/18/03

    Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 16:21:27 -0500 (CDT)
    From: Ben Lindstrom <mouring@etoh.eviladmin.org>
    To: Vinson Armstead - PA <Vinson_Armstead@GMACM.COM>

    Depends on your solaris machines.. Are they all Intel or all Sparc? IF
    they are all one platform type. You should be able to compile on one and
    then use the package script in contrib/solaris/ to build a package.
    However, you still need zlib and openssl installed (both are on
    www.sunfreeware.com along with OpenSSH precompiled if you wish to use
    their version).

    - Ben

    On Fri, 18 Apr 2003, Vinson Armstead - PA wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I need to upgrade from OpenSSH 2.9 to OpenSSH 3.6.1 on four Sun servers
    > running Solaris 8. I would like to compile to source code on one server and
    > distribute to the others. I plan to use the default directories for the
    > install. What are compile options that will allow me to create "portable"
    > binaries for OpenSSH. Also, what files/directories do I need to move to the
    > other servers.
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    >

    > Vinson Armstead

    • Problem compiling openssh 3.9p1 on Solaris 8
      ... I just downloaded the source for OpenSSH 3.9p1 and tried to compile it ... We have gcc 3.2.2 and gcc 3.4.1 which I have tried both, ... make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `bsd-arc4random.o' ...
      (SSH)
    • Problem compiling openssh 3.9p1 on Solaris 8
      ... I just downloaded the source for OpenSSH 3.9p1 and tried to compile it ... We have gcc 3.2.2 and gcc 3.4.1 which I have tried both, ... make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `bsd-arc4random.o' ...
      (SSH)
    • Memory safety in OpenSSH
      ... instrumented version of the OpenSSH daemon on our group's server. ... If anyone is interested in using CCured to compile SSH on your system, ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Announce: Building and Deploying OpenSSH on the Solaris OE
      ... A BluePrint OnLine article was published, this past weekend, in the July ... Building and Deploying OpenSSH on the Solaris Operating Environment ... compile it you know what happened. ... bringing their experience with compilers, software distribution, script ...
      (Focus-SUN)
    • undefined reference to `setcon compiling 5.4p1 w/ SELinux on RHEL 4.8
      ... I am attempting to compile OpenSSH 5.4p1 on RHEL 4.8 i686 and am ... on RHEL 4 is too old to support setcon and therefore OpenSSH 5.4p1? ...
      (comp.security.ssh)