Re: forwarding problem

From: Max Gregis (mgregis@sorint.it)
Date: 04/17/03

    Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 10:28:35 +0200
    From: Max Gregis <mgregis@sorint.it>
    To: Frederic Gobin <frederic.gobin@earthtvnet.com>

    Hi,

    i think you can do it.
    Depend how your program works.
    First of all,on your firewall, you should open that specific port your progam uses for
    making that connection from remote to control, otherwise you'll never
    open that port on control

    FG> Hi there,

    FG> I have a little port forwarding problem ...

    FG> I have two computers ... let's call them "control" and "remote".

    FG> I can connect from control to remote, but not the other direction due
    FG> to a firewall between both ...

    FG> I want to connect from control to remote, start a program on remote
    FG> which makes a connection to a port on remote
    FG> Now I want to forward from this local port on remote to control (same
    FG> port number) using the existing connection.

    FG> Is this possible ?

    FG> Thanks for reading ...

    FG> Frederic Gobin

    • Re: Remote Desktop
      ... I presume you mean you want to connect to a Ubuntu (or other Linux ... to a Microsoft Windows machine using Microsoft Remote Desktop. ... I have opened up port 5900 and pointed it to the IP address of the ... have port 5900 open on the firewall to the remote computer. ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: Alternative to GoToMyPC?
      ... > Remote Desktop would be your ... > Is there any way to tell what port GoToMyPC was using? ... Shenan Stanley wrote: ... > address and to create a path through the firewall to the pc... ...
    • Re: SP2 firewall/remote management
      ... Right, and when that setting is applied, running>netsh firewall show port ... > I would think you need to apply this policy setting on the remote ... > Windows Firewall: Allow remote administration exception ...
    • Re: Need VPN Firewall security advice
      ... > I am about to put a port forward in my IPTABLES ... > firewall to allow a remote Windows laptop to ... > run a VNC on a desktop inside my firewall. ... > The port forward checks to remote end's IP address, ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: Still behind a firewall (home edition sp2)
      ... You might look at either UltraVNC (you need TCP Port 5900 open on the ... firewall) with its encryption plug-in and XP driver for the host PC... ... Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking) ... I am trying to install a remote desktop server (home ...