SSH - Adding an additional Port for Access

From: jpape@knightsbridge.com
Date: 04/15/03

    From: jpape@knightsbridge.com
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 08:17:45 -0500

    Hi All,

         I'm having problems accessing an additional port
    using SSH. I've modified the /etc/services file and have
    added the following:

    ssh 22/tcp
    ssh 555/tcp

    I have also modified the inetd.conf file and have added
    the following line to it:

    ssh stream tcp nowait root /tools/sbin/sshd sshd -i

    Once this was done, I refreshed the subsystem by entering
    the command refresh -s inetd.

    Within the ssh_config file, their is line that has the
    following:

          Port 22

    Should I add another port here? I am running SSH on AIX 4.3

    Please help.

    -Joe

    • Re: AIX 5.2L "who" question
      ... You have solved my problem with the who command showing ... ssh logins. ... I have another ssh question if you could help. ... Subject: AIX 5.2L "who" question ...
      (AIX-L)
    • Re: How restrict network login on AIX for everything BUT SSH? (RLOGIN=FALSE & loginrestrictions
      ... Unfortunately I WANT to disable telnet, rsh, rlogin etc for an account, BUT keep SSH enabled. ... However in Aix v5.3 full pam support was added, and our LAM module broke and we have been unable to figure out how to get it working again. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: AIX 5.2L "who" question
      ... SSH is corrupting the utmp file! ... where did you get the SSH server you are running? ... We have a 44P-270 running AIX 5.2L, when users connected via ssh they can't ... Monitoring ...
      (AIX-L)
    • Re: strange behaviour of SSH - AIX 6.1
      ... I am working on an AIX6.1 LPAR with enhanced RBAC and Trusted Aix ... I am facing a very strange behaviour of the SSH daemon. ... I insert the correct passwd the second time. ...
      (comp.unix.aix)
    • Re: AIX 5.2L "who" question
      ... [aix-l] AIX 5.2L "who" question ... I have another ssh question if you could help. ... Every month all users olgin passwords expire, now when they login in under ... If you are not the intended recipient please notify us by telephone ...
      (AIX-L)