Re: allow only sftp?

From: Jean-Jacques DOTI (jean-jacques.doti@cegedim.fr)
Date: 04/11/03

    Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:53:28 +0200
    From: Jean-Jacques DOTI <jean-jacques.doti@cegedim.fr>
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Hi,

    The best way I've found to do this (with openssh) is to use rssh
    (http://www.pizzashack.org/rssh/index.shtml) as login shell. It's
    possible to restrict ssh to scp or/and sftp.
    rssh also makes easy to have a chroot jail for scp/sftp users (common
    jail for all users).
    If you want to have per user chroot jail, you can use patched openssh
    (http://chrootssh.sourceforge.net/) or wait for the next rssh version ...

    Rex Binns wrote:

    >I need to allow a user only sftp access, but deny them ssh access?
    >
    >Is this possible, and if so, how do I do it?
    >
    >thanks

    • Re: Secure FTP SSL/TLS
      ... Thanks for that feedback Joachim.. ... openssh comes with an sftp-server subsystem. ... You configure rssh as a login shell for the ... works fine for us on AIX 5.2 with openssh from the sourceforge "OpenSSH ...
      (comp.unix.aix)
    • Re: Secure FTP SSL/TLS
      ... openssh comes with an sftp-server subsystem. ... be able to establish an ssh connection with the server. ... You configure rssh as a login shell for the ... works fine for us on AIX 5.2 with openssh from the sourceforge "OpenSSH ...
      (comp.unix.aix)
    • Security flaw in rssh
      ... rssh is a small shell whose purpose is to restrict users to using scp ... William F. McCaw identified a minor security flaw in rssh when used ... some non-openssh sftp clients. ... command-line arguments prior to entering the chroot jail. ...
      (SSH)
    • Restricted Shell
      ... I would like to give users access to ftp, sftp and scp without access to the shell. ... It looks like rssh will only support openssh ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: allow only sftp?
      ... > possible to restrict ssh to scp or/and sftp. ... > rssh also makes easy to have a chroot jail for scp/sftp users (common ... >> I need to allow a user only sftp access, ...
      (SSH)