RE: How can a non-commercial licence expire?

From: Stephanie Schiebert (steph@ssh.com)
Date: 04/07/03

    From: "Stephanie Schiebert" <steph@ssh.com>
    To: "Ben Dilts:mail.agicc.com" <benbeandogdilts@agicc.com>, <secureshell@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 15:39:18 -0400

    Hi Ben,

    You most probably downloaded the evaluation version instead of the non-commercial version.

    To fix the situation, and have your client run in non-commercial mode, simply locate the license.dat file in the SSH Secure Shell program directory. Rename or move the file, then restart your SSH Secure Shell client. That should resolve the issue for you - you do not need to email anyone to obtain a special license for non-commercial use.

    For future reference, make sure you obtain the software from our ftp site, which hosts all the non-comm versions:

    ftp://ftp.ssh.com/pub/ssh

    Best Regards,

    Steph
    Stephanie Schiebert