Problem setting ssh session timeout

From: Rahul Shinde (Rahul.Shinde@roamware.com)
Date: 04/04/03

    From: Rahul Shinde <Rahul.Shinde@roamware.com>
    To: "'secureshell@securityfocus.com'" <secureshell@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 15:10:00 -0800

    Helo all,

    I am using OpenSSH_3.5p1 on Solaris 8
    The SSH sessions never timeout !!
    (Though i have found people struggling to have such a thing!)

    I have set the ClientAliveInterval and the ClientAliveCountMax options
    in the /usr/local/etc/sshd_config
    I want to set a timeout of 10 minutes
    I have set the values as follows in the sshd_config file :
    ClientAliveInterval 2m
    ClientAliveCountMax 5

    But still my sessions don't timeout.
    I tried setting a lower timeout value but without luck :(

    Am i missing something ? Pls provide some inputs

    -Rahul

    • Re: OpenSSH "Write failed: Broken pipe"
      ... message means might help me track down whatever network/firewall issue ... "Timeout, server not responding." ... what each error message is trying to tell me. ... ClientAliveCountMax 3 ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: "Connection reset by peer" error
      ... Peng ... >> Set the timeout in the NAT'ing device to be greater than the keep alive time. ... >> about connections, but probably won't be a problem for a home network. ... > ClientAliveCountMax 30 ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: SSH-PubKey Verwaltung / Verteilung
      ... TimeOut nicht vorsehen. ... Und OpenSSH unterstützt m.W. weder MaxConnections noch IdleTimeout. ... Je nachdem was man errichen will: LoginGraceTime, ClientAliveCountMax, ...
      (de.comp.os.unix.linux.misc)
    • Parallel::ForkManager and Net::OpenSSH to handle timeout
      ... I am using Parallel::ForkManager to run multiple ssh sessions on various remote hosts. ... Sometimes I have a problem: problem is in Net::OpenSSH module that, for whatever reason, when far end does not respond the module does not close the SSH connection (i.e. timeout is not working). ... i am running ssh sessions inside forkmanager forked sessions. ...
      (perl.beginners)