Re[2]: Problems with sftp

From: Max Gregis (mgregis@sorint.it)
Date: 03/31/03

    Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:08:12 +0200
    From: Max Gregis <mgregis@sorint.it>
    To: "Albert E. Whale, CISSP" <aewhale@ABS-CompTech.com>

    hi,

    I experienced, in some cases with some ftp client, it happen the same
    thing and no relevant logs messages were present.

    For obtaing some log messages i tried to put these entris in my SSHD_CONFIG file:

    # Logging
    #obsoletes QuietMode and FascistLogging
    SyslogFacility AUTH
    LogLevel DEBUG

    In /etc/syslog.conf put this entry:

    auth.debug /var/adm/sshlog

    The create the log file:
    touch /var/adm/sshlog

    kill -HUP $SYSLOG_PID

    then retry to use SSH/SFTP and check your error (send them to me)

    I changed my sftp client (Secure FX), and now it runs well

    AEWC> Thanks Max,

    AEWC> The reason that I mentioned Cute FTP and WS FTP Pro is because THEY DO
    AEWC> Support ssh / sftp protocol. That is not the problem.

    AEWC> I have located the issue as being unique to specific users. Now I need
    AEWC> to identify the needs for these users to get the protocol operable for
    AEWC> these users.