Re: How to configure .rhosts or .shosts so as not to ask password

From: Max Gregis (mgregis@sorint.it)
Date: 03/28/03

    Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 15:13:12 +0100
    From: Max Gregis <mgregis@sorint.it>
    To: "Sriram S. - CTD, Chennai." <sriram_s@ctd.hcltech.com>

    Hi,

    sorry , i've never tried this feature.
    When i have a little bit of time, i'm going to try it.

    Friday, March 28, 2003, 11:37:37 AM, you wrote:

    SSCC> I have SSH-3.4 in my Linux 7.3. I dont want any user to be prompted for
    SSCC> password when he does "ssh linux_machine". I tried configuring my home's
    SSCC> directory's .rhosts and .shosts file. Seems not working as expected. Still
    SSCC> asks for password. Is it possible or not ?
    SSCC> Please let me know. Just breaking my head for this.

    SSCC> Thanks
    SSCC> Sriram S

    SSCC> -----Original Message-----
    SSCC> From: Max Gregis [mailto:mgregis@sorint.it]
    SSCC> Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2003 5:16 PM
    SSCC> To: Intruder
    SSCC> Cc: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    SSCC> Subject: Re: Putty Crashes at login !!

    SSCC> SORRY ERRATA CORRIGE:

    SSCC> In /etc/syslog.conf file insert the follow entry for obtaining the
    SSCC> best logging of SSHD activity:

    SSCC> auth.debug /var/adm/sshlog

    SSCC> Monday, March 24, 2003, 1:04:59 AM, you wrote:

    I>> I think someone can help me here...

    I>> When I try to connect to my server, that is running
    I>> openssh 3.4p1, with the lastest putty version it
    I>> connects to the server... ok ... ask for the login,
    I>> but after I put root or any other user and press enter
    I>> the putty crashs !! And even asks for a password...

    I>> Sometimes I connect to the server with no problem with
    I>> putty but now i`m getting this "bug"...

    I>> I think it`s because a portscan that i made in my
    I>> server to test the open ports... I don`t know if this
    I>> portscan that really makes putty crashing but....

    I>> Somebody could help me

    I>> Best Regards.

    I>> _______________________________________________________________________
    I>> Yahoo! Mail
    I>> O melhor e-mail gratuito da internet: 6MB de espašo, antivÝrus, acesso
    SSCC> POP3, filtro contra spam.
    I>> http://br.mail.yahoo.com/

     Massimiliano Gregis
     Sun Microsystems Senior Consultant