Re: SSH 3.2.3 - Problem executing Make

From: Alf Nicolaysen (Alf.Nicolaysen@de.ibm.com)
Date: 03/28/03

    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    From: "Alf Nicolaysen" <Alf.Nicolaysen@de.ibm.com>
    Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 07:45:31 +0100

    Gratz, James! :-)

    Because I am sitting INSIDE the IBM, I do not know, if the following URL is
    reachable from the Internet, but it is worth a try:

    http://techsupport.services.ibm.com/rs6k/fixes.html

    And: No, you can not install the bos.rte.libc (name of the installp to look
    for) as your private libc. It is the basic lib of the kernel and the
    sysadmin has to change it and reboot the machine, because in most times the
    kernel will also be changed.

    Kind regards

    Alf Nicolaysen

    James <james00_c@yahoo.com> on 28.03.2003 03:45:23

    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    cc:
    Subject: Re: SSH 3.2.3 - Problem executing Make

    It worked! Thanks very much to all who responded with their valuable
    input.

    I still need to compile ssh 3.2.3 under the AIX 4.3 system. As mentioned
    previously, the problem is that our libc.a library is incompatible with
    ssh. I have contacted our system admin. but so far it doesn't seems that
    there are any plans to upgrade the OS. Is the latest libc.a available for
    download from some where? If so, can I then install it in one of my own
    directories and through LIBPATH link it to ssh? Thanks!

    James

    >James writes:
    >>
    >> $ cc=/usr/vac/bin/xlc ./configure --prefix=./ --with-pty=pts
    >
    >That should be CC, not cc.
    >
    >-Larry Jones
    >
    >What a waste to be going to school on a morning like this. -- Calvin

    • Re: PRNGD is not seeded
      ... The ssh is some version: ... Prngd was installed via custom ... I'm wondering if I should install OSS646, ... rsync does not require ssh. ...
      (comp.unix.sco.misc)
    • Re: Blocking Yahoo Messenger With Firewall??
      ... Why are you insulting me? ... I have enumerated the conditions associated with SSH use for this ... >> data stream, as I stated above. ... or if you try to install extra software. ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: PRNGD is not seeded
      ... The ssh is some version: ... Prngd was installed via custom ... I'm wondering if I should install OSS646, ... rsync does not require ssh. ...
      (comp.unix.sco.misc)
    • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Psexec on *NIX
      ... Have you considered creating one dedicated windows machine with SSHd ... and psexec installed and using it as a jumpbox? ... Why would I install ... CC> and run an ssh daemon just to use it to run another program, ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: Is Windows 98 SE More Secure Than OS X?
      ... So you don't see any importance in the fact that the hackers had SSH ... copy of OS X and install it clean on a Mac. ... what is it with these car analogies? ... Shouldn't Windows be *better than* OSX at security? ...
      (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)