RE: How can I use sshd to satisfy my needs?

From: Hoff, Dustin-BLS CTR (
Date: 03/26/03

    From: "Hoff, Dustin-BLS CTR" <>
    To: "'Marcos D. Marado Torres'" <>
    Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 14:42:26 -0500

    From: Marcos D. Marado Torres []
    Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 12:49 PM

    > Greetings,
    > I'm looking forward to a way of running a ssh deamon in a
    > machine so that people who connects to it would be instantly
    > redirected (without any kind of autentication) to a port
    > using telnet protocol... (OK, this must sound a bit
    > confusing, I'll try to explain:)
    > user -----> remote host ------> same remote host
    > ssh telnet
    > In this way, for the user, making >ssh (some
    > port)> would result in the same thing as doing <telnet
    > (other port)>, getting the bennefict of having
    > the connection to "" encrypted.

    I don't know why you would want to do this, but SSH won't work; each user
    would need to authenticate through ssh (login or PAM) before opening the
    encrypted tunnel.

    You should look at IPsec if you really need to use telnet over an encrypted

    • Re: ssh gives "Permission denied, please try again"
      ... port 22 on your internal machine, so you will need to keep ssh up to ... I configure the router to forward a different external port to 22 on my ... For good measure pick usernames that are none obvious, ... root/password: 163 times ...
    • [NEWS] SSH service at Dell DRAC4 Denial of Service (Mocana)
      ... SSH service at Dell DRAC4 Denial of Service ... Dell Remote Access Card 4 allows customers to effectively manage ... After the use of such a port scanner, ...
    • Re: Remote Desktop directly to another computer on the network
      ... default port... ... And there is no reason for me to believe that ssh ... When I have a multibillion company I will use the key pair, ... WinSCP for that to access my home SSH server. ...
    • Re: SSH safety
      ... SSH safety (J.L. ... FC3 missing KDE menu items ... I was wondering how safe it is to open the ssh port up to the internet. ...
    • Re: FTPS Server?
      ... port numbers by deep packet inspection. ... client, but the underlying SSH protocol over the network is way, way ... See the chroot configuration in the man-page for sshd_config ... recommend running a separate instance on a separate port (if firewalls ...