Re: SSH1 and large files on 32-bit platforms

From: Atro Tossavainen (
Date: 03/24/03

    From: Atro Tossavainen <>
    Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:01:10 +0200 (EET)

    > Try piping the files. It doesn't allow multi-file transfer but at
    > least it works with out a rebuild.

    Yes, there's always the option of teaching folks to look for alternative
    solutions instead of banging their head against the wall... instead of
    "tar cf file directories; scp file.tar remotehost:" they could just
    "tar cf - directories | ssh remotehost tar xf -", but you know how
    difficult it is to get folks to change their ways of doing things.

    Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
    Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,
    +358-9-19158939  UNIX Dinosaur     / employs me, but my opinions are my own.
    File attachments NOT welcome unless agreed to beforehand.