Re: SSH1 and large files on 32-bit platforms

From: Atro Tossavainen (atossava@cc.helsinki.fi)
Date: 03/24/03

    From: Atro Tossavainen <atossava@cc.helsinki.fi>
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:01:10 +0200 (EET)

    David,

    > Try piping the files. It doesn't allow multi-file transfer but at
    > least it works with out a rebuild.

    Yes, there's always the option of teaching folks to look for alternative
    solutions instead of banging their head against the wall... instead of
    "tar cf file directories; scp file.tar remotehost:" they could just
    "tar cf - directories | ssh remotehost tar xf -", but you know how
    difficult it is to get folks to change their ways of doing things.

    --
    Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
    Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,