Re: single/multi threaded?

From: Greg Wooledge (wooledg@eeg.ccf.org)
Date: 03/18/03

    Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 08:15:59 -0500
    From: Greg Wooledge <wooledg@eeg.ccf.org>
    To: Rahul Gopal <rahulg@yahoo.com>

    On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 02:00:37PM -0800, Rahul Gopal wrote:
    > I'd like to know if the ssh software from openssh.org
    > is single-threaded or multi-threaded.

    What do you mean by this?

    A running sshd will fork() a child process to handle each connection
    that comes in. So you can connect as many times as you wish to a
    given server.

    On the client side, you can run as many instances of ssh as you need,
    one for each connection.

    An ssh tunnel set up between a client and a server will allow multiple
    connections. I currently run a tunnel from my workstation here at
    work, which is on a 10.* address behind a NAT, to my OpenBSD server
    at home. I'm tunneling port 8888, the Freenet web interface. When
    I point my web browser at 127.0.0.1:8888 I can establish multiple HTTP
    connections simultaneously.

    • Re: What is The SSH?
      ... Building and Using SSH Tunnels ... What is an SSH tunnel? ... how to use it to make a connection to a server. ... You will need a working SSH client and server installation to build and test ...
    • Re: how to map drive via ssh?
      ... I'm assuming that both machines (client and server) are running ... be tunnelled over an SSH connection, ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • SSH TCP forwarding: works with v1, not with v2 ssh
      ... that they're setting up the tunnels with no problem, ... I can get to the work ssh daemon: ... debug1: Connections to remote port 65002 forwarded to local address palimpsest:22 ... something answers (if I get "connection refused" there's no listener); ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)
    • Re: SSH TCP forwarding: works with v1, not with v2 ssh
      ... >that they're setting up the tunnels with no problem, ... >I can get to the work ssh daemon: ... > debug1: Entering interactive session. ... > Connection closed by foreign host. ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)
    • Re: Secure file sharing without OS X server?
      ... So I poked the GUI a bit - Finder, cmd-K, hit `Browse' in the `Connect ... to server' window, open the required server in the network browser, and ... them says `Allow secure connections using ssh'. ... `Can't make a secure connection to server ...
      (uk.comp.sys.mac)