RE: problems when opening an ssh session

From: Marc Towers (mtowers@linuxmail.org)
Date: 03/13/03

    From: "Marc Towers" <mtowers@linuxmail.org>
    To: "'Tom Rualti'" <rualti@hotmail.com>, <secureshell@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 02:48:16 -0000

    Hi Tom,

    The only way to change the file remotely is by using SU as one of the
    users. The error normally means SU belongs to the WHEEL group.
    You will need to find a user belonging to WHEEL in order to sort this
    out.
    On a security note.... I would not recommend re-activating remote root
    access, SU should be all you need.

    Regards,

    Marc Towers