problems when opening an ssh session

From: Tom Rualti (rualti@hotmail.com)
Date: 03/11/03

    From: "Tom Rualti" <rualti@hotmail.com>
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 11:58:02 +0100

    Hi All,

    I have an account on a Solaris 2.6 machine in which the administrator has
    installed SSH 3.2.0. Then I have 2 Solaris 2.8 machines (for which I am the
    administrator) in
    which I have installed OpenSSH versions 3.4p1 and 3.5p1 respectively.

    Now if I open a connection from the SSH 3.2.0 client to the OpenSSH 3.5p1
    server everything works properly, but if I open a connection from the SSH
    3.2.0 client to the OpenSSH 3.4p1 server I get (from ssh -vvv):

    debug: Connecting to pma.iso.vilspa.esa.es, port 22... (SOCKS not used)
    debug: Ssh2/ssh2.c:2297: Entering event loop.

    and it doesn't proceed to the next line, which should be:

    debug: Ssh2Client/sshclient.c:1421: Creating transport protocol.

    So I can open an ssh session with the 3.5p1 server but not with the 3.4p1
    server.
    Could anybody please give me a hand with this problem ?

    Thanks a lot in advance,

    Rom

    • Re: Force non-empty pass-phrase?
      ... mark> of ssh as I see it that an administrator can't actually impose ... mark> this constraint on access to his own server. ... fundamental design of ssh. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: ssh warning about man in middle attack
      ... >>> It is also possible that the host key has just been changed. ... this machine that you are trying to SSH to, ... The administrator has installed a new server with the same IP number? ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: ssh warning about man in middle attack
      ... >>> It is also possible that the host key has just been changed. ... this machine that you are trying to SSH to, ... The administrator has installed a new server with the same IP number? ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Logon script with SSH
      ... > I am using this two files to run script when users Telnet the server ... > Now, i installed OpenSSH 4. ... > How can i use the same file for ssh connections? ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • RE: Cant set Local Security policies. They fail to save
      ... I followed your instructions on applying the predefined security templates. ... I still can’t set any of the local security policies on the server box. ... > using local Administrator account to test, ... >>> member of either the Remote Operators group or the Domain Power Users ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)