Re: X forwarding over multiple ssh tunnels?

From: Hendrickson, Chris (
Date: 03/01/03

    From: "Hendrickson, Chris" <>
    To: Kamen Penev <>
    Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 23:11:32 -0500

    Kamen Penev wrote:

    > Hi!
    > Is it possible to forward X window traffic over multiple ssh tunnels?
    > I have machines A(cygwin), B(linux), and C(freebsd)

    > I would like to "ssh -X C" from B and have X-clients on C display on
    > A, but I can't get it to work.

    it should work, check the sshd configuration on system C, make sure that
    it is configured to allow X forwarding (sshd_config option
    "X11Forwarding yes") I suspect that it currently not enabled.

    If it still does not work, try again with the "-v" (verbosity level 1)
    or "-vv" (verbosity level 2) option to see if it reports any errors in
    regards to X forwarding.

    "The box said requires Windows 95 or better... So I installed Linux"
    Chris Hendrickson
    QSS Group. Inc - MEDS
    NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
    Voice: (301) 867-0081 Fax: (301) 867-0089
    GSFC Email:
    QSS  Email:
    AETD Security Engineering Team
    GRODAS East System Administrator