Oops - Russian Font when using colors

From: Mickey (anonymouse@tiscali.fr)
Date: 02/28/03

    From: "Mickey" <anonymouse@tiscali.fr>
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 06:35:27 +0100

    Oops - sorry wrong keystroke in previous post

    Hi All,

    Just installed the Secure Shell client for Workstations on a
    Win98SE box and connected to my SmootWall router (via LAN.

    Logged in as root and immediatelly noticed that the prompt (that is
    displayed in color) is visualized with an cyrillic/russian (or such)
    typeface. Tried a "ls -al /bin" and in that listing al the colored parts
    are also 'russian' ... cool ... but not very usefull ;-(

    Logging in on the console or through the SmootWall build-in Java-
    based SSH (in a browser) all is fine.

    Tried fiddeling with settings (allowing ANSI) and looked on the
    website for help (all I could find was a tip to reinstall the font when
    in trouble - which I gave a go to no avail).

    Just checking here now to see if it's a known problem someone
    can quickly tell me about (or point my browser in the right direction)

    Is there a backlog/archive for this list?

    Thanx in advance for any answer

    Arp