FW: restricted users

From: Hong Tian (htian@ias.edu)
Date: 02/27/03

    From: Hong Tian <htian@ias.edu>
    To: "'secureshell@securityfocus.com'" <secureshell@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 19:51:23 -0500

    Jamie,

    On my RedHat 7.3, there is no manual entry for sshd_config. But I try
    AllowUsers and DenyUsers. It works good.

    The question now is that I have to deny more than 200 users and allow 10
    users. I can't put so many users names on deny lists in sshd_config. I try
    to deny everyone then allow someone. But I don't know how to deny all. I try
    the followings, no one can deny all:

    DenyUsers all => not works
    DenyUsers ALL => not works
    DenyUsers everyone => not works

    DenyUsers user1 => works!
    AllowUsers user2 user3 user4 => works!

    Do you know how to use DenyUsers to deny everyone?

    Thanks,
    Hong