RE: restricted users

From: James Riden (james.riden@xtra.co.nz)
Date: 02/27/03

    From: "James Riden" <james.riden@xtra.co.nz>
    To: "'Hong Tian'" <htian@ias.edu>, <secureshell@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 13:25:19 +1300

    Now I
    >want to only allow some admin users to ssh to this Linux server. Do you
    >know how to modify the sshd_config file to do it?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Hong

    There are the keywords AllowUsers, DenyUsers or maybe AllowGroups,
    DenyGroups would be easier - would they be any help? ( man sshd_config
    gives details on my system )

    cheers,
     Jamie

    --
    James Riden / james.riden@xtra.co.nz / jamesr@security-solutions.co.nz
    http://www.security-solutions.co.nz/

    Relevant Pages

    • restricted users
      ... I am using ssh on a RedHat Linux server which has many user accounts. ... want to only allow some admin users to ssh to this Linux server. ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: FC6 VPN
      ... Subject: FC6 VPN ... Anytime you make a connection between two computers you are using a tcp/ip port. ... If you need to connect to, say a windows share, you would forward your local port to the linux server through the ssh tunnel. ...
      (Fedora)
    • SSH Key Authentication Problem
      ... The version of SSH running on the linux box is: ... The filenames for the keys were identity and identity.pub. ... sucesfully log into my Linux server using the SSH keys and my passphrase. ... My main Windows SSH client is the one from ssh.com: ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Password file
      ... |->1 - SSH daemon changes in 4.11 would be my guess ... properly using the new postfix user account UID/GID ... your pwdb to make sure user accounts are synched on the machines? ... you need to setup some kind of directory server (LDAP would ...
      (freebsd-isp)
    • Re: SSH Key Authentication Problem
      ... on the linux server run this command... ... I have opened up the SSH port so I can access ... > The filenames for the keys were identity and identity.pub. ... > in the userkeys folder of the windows ssh client, ...
      (comp.security.ssh)