Links don't appear in SSH FTP Client

From: JW August III (
Date: 02/26/03

    From: "JW August III" <>
    To: <>
    Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:53:28 -0600

    I'm having problems getting a user connected to a database that's stored on
    a single node on our cluster. We've created a lnk file in his home directory
    and he's got all the right permissions. The file is visible from a command
    line using "ls" but when we open the FTP client the file disappears. Does
    anybody have any experience in resolving this issue?

    Much appreciated -

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: Type of Cluster?
      ... Microsoft SQL Server MVP ... >>A multi-instance cluster would be the correct solution. ... you would host multiple SQL instances on a single node. ... >> Senior Database Administrator ...
    • Trucluster (5.1a pk6) CDSL problems on cluster_root
      ... The cluster interconnect is memory channel and storage is fiber ... about 40 people know the root ... Thinking he was in his home directory, he executed an mv on / ... I CAN boot the first member via the old build disk on the internal bus ...
    • RE: MSDTC on Single Node Cluster
      ... If you are distrubuting transactions from the stand-alone single node SQL ... Cluster to another SQL server on the domain, then Yes you will need to ... you don't need MSDTC for anything. ...
    • Re: Single node cluster
      ... There's no way around this in Windows 2000. ... Someone might want to build a single node cluster simply to give ... >>order to do that we need to define some physical disks. ...
    • Re: MSCS with NAS
      ... MNS needs 3 servers in order to survive a single node failure. ... build a 2-node MNS cluster, but the cluster cannot survive a single node ...