Re: scp2 standard error in cron script

From: Peter Richard (list_tom@yahoo.com)
Date: 02/21/03

    Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 20:22:21 -0800 (PST)
    From: Peter Richard <list_tom@yahoo.com>
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    HI Everyone

    Iam a newbie to ssh and looking for a basic information on it.Some of the queries are:-

    1)How can i get the maximum information of ssh daemon in the syslog file?

    2)If i use scp for secure remote copying then in the syslog i see that the information
    in the syslog comes like this

    "Feb 20 10:24:27 sshd[15425]: Accepted password for sumit from 172.22.13.85 port 1374 ssh2"

    Now when i check the scp code i found that they use scp as a wrapper for ssh to copy files and inturn
    uses ssh commands only so it logs the information as ssh only.
    Is there any way by which i can exclusively check that on my ssh server that scp is used from the log info.

    Kindly help me out?

    Regrds
    Peter

    Yahoo! News - Today's headlines

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: Is SSH worth it??
      ... > We would be using SSH and SCP. ... SCP for automated scripts. ... > client will not be prompted for a password. ... remote machine, but imho it is better to swap client+server and give ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: SCP and MVS data sets?
      ... SCP and MVS data sets? ... Is it possible that the open function is different in SCP? ... You can also do the following weirdness to use ssh to copy a z/OS legacy ...
      (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
    • Re: why does scp not use all my cores on a multi-cpu machine?
      ... When I ran my little test earlier, I observed that while I typed scp, both ... scp and ssh got "energized" and in fact ssh used more time than scp. ... Now since encrypting and transmitting has some elements of paralellity ... Right -- ssh, et. al. is an I/O bound process, so long as the network ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: linux to linux scp in batch mode: how?
      ... reason why it works now is because of the dsa key. ... > been configured automatically when I set up ssh, I would imagine that I am ... >> I have ssh and scp up and running on my two Redhat 7.2 Linux machines, ... >> between the machines. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Using SSH or SCP in REXX under TSO
      ... Using SSH or SCP in REXX under TSO ... Does z/OS sftp have a BINARY subcommand? ...
      (bit.listserv.ibm-main)