Re: Lock Account

From: Miguel González Castaños (mgc@tid.es)
Date: 02/20/03

    Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 17:57:43 +0100
    From: Miguel González Castaños <mgc@tid.es>
    To: nengel@netways.de

    If you want to disable a user temporaly you can add an asterisk (*) before the corresponding entry
    of that
    user in the /etc/passwd file:

    before:

     miguel:x:500:500:miguel gonzalez:/home/miguel:/bin/bash

     *miguel:x:500:500:miguel gonzalez:/home/miguel:/bin/bash

     HTH

     Miguel

    openssh ha escrito:

    > Hi !
    > How can I lock an account.
    > I have got several ssh user, which I only would like to permit keyfile logins;
    > as a matter of fact I would like to lock their accounts.
    > I tried usermod -L -p username -> which puts -L before the passwd in /etc/shadow but it is still
    > Possible to login via passwd and ssh ?!
    > I use debian linux woody

    > Nik Engel NETWAYS GmbH
    > Senior Systems Engineer Deutschherrnstr. 47a
    > Fon.0911/92885-13 D-90429 Nürnberg
    > Fax.0911/92885-33
    > nengel@netways.de www.netways.de

    Relevant Pages

    • Lock Account
      ... How can I lock an account. ... I have got several ssh user, which I only would like to permit keyfile logins; ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: Connection.IsolationLevel = adXactSerializable and timeout
      ... Yup, I expect a Counton a non PK column can result in a table lock, but ... let's say we have a table named Account: ... > So I create a transaction and wrap the SELECT and INSERT inside it. ... >> get the server to answer that a connection is available. ...
      (microsoft.public.data.ado)
    • Re: Connection.IsolationLevel = adXactSerializable and timeout
      ... let's say we have a table named Account: ... So I create a transaction and wrap the SELECT and INSERT inside it. ... Doesn't INSERT automatically create a table lock? ... > get the server to answer that a connection is available. ...
      (microsoft.public.data.ado)
    • RE: Logon fails on first attempt
      ... RE Crumbs and Dust: I don't think that this is the issue. ... If I lock the computer, and attempt to unlock the computer, the first time I ... You may think the pointer is active inside the textbox and you type the ... What happen if you created another account and use a password for it, ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Different ways of locking accounts
      ... Roberto C. Sanchez wrote: ... User accounts may be locked and unlocked with the -l and -u ... account by changing the password back to its previous value. ... -L Lock a user's password. ...
      (Debian-User)