Re: openssh & solaris

From: A.R. (gauged@yahoo.com)
Date: 02/18/03

    Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 04:34:10 -0800 (PST)
    From: "A.R." <gauged@yahoo.com>
    To: "WOODWARD, KEITH" <keith.woodward@bell.ca>, secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Keith:

    Try this workaround, not pretty but i think does the
    job:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ssh+password+change&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=3DBBCAFB.8040705%40NyOaShPoAoM.com&rnum=818 Feb 2003 09:24:45 -0700 (MST)

    Regards,

    AR

    --- "WOODWARD, KEITH" <keith.woodward@bell.ca> wrote:
    > We have a password change policy at our company.
    >
    > I have been successful in getting some groups to
    > switch to SSH from
    > telnet
    >
    > Problem;
    > OpenSSH 3.4
    > Solaris 6 or 7
    >
    > expired passwords, or change next login, fails
    > miserably.
    >
    > with telnet, user is advised password has expired,
    > and can change it as
    > part of the login process.
    >
    > with ssh, "Permission denied, please try again."
    > hence they are fubar'd
    >
    > we have tried sshd_config UseLogin yes - no change
    >

    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > --
    > Keith Woodward
    > Senior Advisor
    > Bell Corporate Security
    > 613-244-6137

    http://shopping.yahoo.com

    Relevant Pages

    • openssh & solaris
      ... I have been successful in getting some groups to switch to SSH from ... expired passwords, or change next login, fails miserably. ... with telnet, user is advised password has expired, and can change it as ... part of the login process. ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: Read telnet screen
      ... How to a check telnet login process ... A full install of PuTTY comes with a command-line program called "plink" ... Dim port, host ...
      (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
    • Re: Read telnet screen
      ... How to a check telnet login process ... I'm run PuTTy session, send login: ... Dim port, host ...
      (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
    • ftp authentication problem
      ... home directories. ... telnet or ssh. ... Do you Yahoo!? ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Can not send to Yahoo email address
      ... I can telnet to smtp.mail.yahoo.com when I enter MY email address in ... I checked dnsstuff.com and made sure we are not on a Spam Database by ... mistake ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)