Re: Frustrated! CVS & ssh

From: Brian Hatch (secure-shell@ifokr.org)
Date: 01/31/03

    Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 11:56:24 -0800
    From: Brian Hatch <secure-shell@ifokr.org>
    To: Paul Yeager <pyeager@tektone.net>

    > My problem is when I set up CVS to use ssh for accessing CVS archives on
    > the server. $CVSHOME looks like this:
    >
    > :ext:paul@servername.domain:/aux/cvsroot

    > When I try to do "cvs checkout", I get this message:
    >
    > The authenticity of host 'servername.domain (192.168.0.50)' can't be
    > established.
    > RSA Key fingerprint is XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX.
    > Are you sure you want to continue connectin (yes/no)?

    Try doing

            $ ssh servername.domain

    from the command line, and say "yes" (make sure it's 'yes', not
    'y') and you'll add the host key then. Thereafter /usr/bin/ssh
    won't complain, so CVS won't have any problem.

    --
    Brian Hatch                  Artificial Intelligence
       Systems and                is no match for