Re: Frustrated! CVS & ssh

From: Brian Hatch (secure-shell@ifokr.org)
Date: 01/31/03

    Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 11:56:24 -0800
    From: Brian Hatch <secure-shell@ifokr.org>
    To: Paul Yeager <pyeager@tektone.net>

    > My problem is when I set up CVS to use ssh for accessing CVS archives on
    > the server. $CVSHOME looks like this:
    >
    > :ext:paul@servername.domain:/aux/cvsroot

    > When I try to do "cvs checkout", I get this message:
    >
    > The authenticity of host 'servername.domain (192.168.0.50)' can't be
    > established.
    > RSA Key fingerprint is XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX.
    > Are you sure you want to continue connectin (yes/no)?

    Try doing

            $ ssh servername.domain

    from the command line, and say "yes" (make sure it's 'yes', not
    'y') and you'll add the host key then. Thereafter /usr/bin/ssh
    won't complain, so CVS won't have any problem.

    --
    Brian Hatch                  Artificial Intelligence
       Systems and                is no match for

    Relevant Pages

    • gdm hangs
      ... gdm will hang 9 of 10 times when logging out. ... with or without the client having been connected to the Server. ... # Timed login, useful for kiosks. ... Must output the chosen host on stdout, ...
      (Debian-User)
    • problem with sendmail in solaris 9
      ... names that should be exposed as from this host, ... # save Unix-style "From_" lines at top of header? ... # work recipient factor ... # SMTP STARTTLS server options ...
      (SunManagers)
    • Re: Add new cluster and use existing LUNs?
      ... Storport driver and Powerpath on all of our SAN host servers so we are trying ... In the end I think that I may play it cautious and create a new RAID group, ... > varied activity (DBMSes, Messaging Server, File Server, Web Servers, ... Some of the physical spindle limitations can be addressed through the SAN ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
    • Log corruption on multiple webservers, log analyzers,...
      ... Related RFC´s about Internet Host Names convention: ... To succesfully attack a server with “ILLC” technique is mandatory that web ... a machine with a host name as "123.123.123.123" makes a request ... wouldn't appear in the access log file. ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • UPDATE weird sendmail problem on Solaris 9 (fwd)
      ... I was asked to supply info about my sendmail config and my nsswitch.conf ... names that should be exposed as from this host, ... # list of locations of user database file ... # SMTP STARTTLS server options ...
      (SunManagers)