Frustrated! CVS & ssh

From: Paul Yeager (pyeager@tektone.net)
Date: 01/30/03

    Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 10:14:23 -0500
    From: Paul Yeager <pyeager@tektone.net>
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    I have ssh set up so that I can ssh to a Linux server from my Linux
    workstation quite easily. the command line "ssh servername" logs me
    right into the server without asking for a password, as I have accounts
    on both machines.

    My problem is when I set up CVS to use ssh for accessing CVS archives on
    the server. $CVSHOME looks like this:

    :ext:paul@servername.domain:/aux/cvsroot

    When I try to do "cvs checkout", I get this message:

    The authenticity of host 'servername.domain (192.168.0.50)' can't be
    established.
    RSA Key fingerprint is XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX.
    Are you sure you want to continue connectin (yes/no)?

    This repeats over and over, whether I say yes or no, I assume because
    CVS keeps trying until I hit ^c.

    Thanks in advance,

    Paul