Frustrated! CVS & ssh

From: Paul Yeager (pyeager@tektone.net)
Date: 01/30/03

    Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 10:14:23 -0500
    From: Paul Yeager <pyeager@tektone.net>
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    I have ssh set up so that I can ssh to a Linux server from my Linux
    workstation quite easily. the command line "ssh servername" logs me
    right into the server without asking for a password, as I have accounts
    on both machines.

    My problem is when I set up CVS to use ssh for accessing CVS archives on
    the server. $CVSHOME looks like this:

    :ext:paul@servername.domain:/aux/cvsroot

    When I try to do "cvs checkout", I get this message:

    The authenticity of host 'servername.domain (192.168.0.50)' can't be
    established.
    RSA Key fingerprint is XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX.
    Are you sure you want to continue connectin (yes/no)?

    This repeats over and over, whether I say yes or no, I assume because
    CVS keeps trying until I hit ^c.

    Thanks in advance,

    Paul

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: Command to copy files/folders from linux to windows share
      ... t> file server, what I need to be able to do it copy files from the linux ... t> server to the windows file server via a bash command. ... See if you can install an FTP and/or SSH daemon on the Windows box. ... your linux server, ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • SSH fetching of CVS
      ... Dumb me does not know what the error message is saying. ... ' from cvs server ... cvs end of file from server ... But something is screwed in both/either my environment setup or SSH config. ...
      (comp.os.os2.apps)
    • Re: Command to copy files/folders from linux to windows share
      ... t> file server, what I need to be able to do it copy files from the linux ... t> server to the windows file server via a bash command. ... See if you can install an FTP and/or SSH daemon on the Windows box. ... your linux server, ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: Restricitng SSH for CVS user
      ... >>I have a RH 8 CVS server which allows our office to use CVS over SSH. ... > Lock the account. ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: SMTP and POP/IMAP through SSH
      ... My desktop machine is also Linux, ... Now, while working with the Linux server in the meantime, I ... possible to specify remote sendmail program to be launched through SSH ...
      (comp.os.vms)