Open SSH with Vshell

From: Alain Philipin (alain.philipin@hitec.lu)
Date: 01/30/03

    From: "Alain Philipin" <alain.philipin@hitec.lu>
    To: <secureshell@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 11:56:28 +0100

    Hello,

    I try to make a connection from a linux box (using OpenSSH 3.4, redhat 7.3)
    to a windows computer (using vShell ssh server from vandyke).
    After creating private/public key under linux, I copied the public key in
    the server computer, but when I try to connect in debug mode I get the next
    error with OpenSSH:

    >>debug1:try privkey : /root/.ssh/id_dsa
    >>debug1:PEM_read_PrivateKey failed
    >>debug1:read PEM private key done : type <unknown>

    Maybe the public key is OK because I can see "id_dsa.pub contains matching
    public key for user alain" in ssh server log file, but I have a problem with
    private key. This is an DSA key with 1024 bits.

    I hope you to help me, because I search a solution for 3 days.

    Best regards,

    Philipin Alain
    HITEC Luxembourg
    5, rue de l’Eglise
    L-1458 Luxembourg
    Tél : +352/498.478.51
    Fax : +352/40.13.03

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: SSHD reconfig
      ... want to allow to connect to your ssh server? ... If you open up password authentication ... The most general solution is probably to send the public key via signed ... email to an admin user on the server. ...
      (comp.sys.mac.system)
    • Re: Anyone know Free Mac OS 9.xx SSH2 client??
      ... You don't say what the ssh server is but I assume it is stock fbsd. ... generate DSA key pair on Mac and then convert the public key with ... Anyone know Free Mac OS 9.xx SSH2 client?? ... > But have you managed to use it with public key authentication, ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)
    • Re: Putty: PSFTP connection without password prompt (CORRECT VERSION)
      ... > the account on the SSH server you're connecting to. ... > config file for what the setting is). ... copied the public key to that file and... ... Again: thanks a lot Joe! ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • SSH & public key authentication
      ... I have F-secure SSH server software. ... can't use domain user accounts and public key ... Public key authentication does not work with domain ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • RE: PuTTY SSH w/o a Password
      ... The issue was that I scp'd the public key file generated by puttygen to the ... PuTTY SSH w/o a Password ... (without being prompted for a passphrase) ... Connect to ssh server. ...
      (RedHat)