Open SSH with Vshell

From: Alain Philipin (
Date: 01/30/03

    From: "Alain Philipin" <>
    To: <>
    Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 11:56:28 +0100

    I try to make a connection from a linux box (using OpenSSH 3.4, redhat 7.3)
    to a windows computer (using vShell ssh server from vandyke).
    After creating private/public key under linux, I copied the public key in
    the server computer, but when I try to connect in debug mode I get the next
    error with OpenSSH:

    >>debug1:try privkey : /root/.ssh/id_dsa
    >>debug1:PEM_read_PrivateKey failed
    >>debug1:read PEM private key done : type <unknown>

    Maybe the public key is OK because I can see " contains matching
    public key for user alain" in ssh server log file, but I have a problem with
    private key. This is an DSA key with 1024 bits.

    I hope you to help me, because I search a solution for 3 days.

    Best regards,

    Philipin Alain
    HITEC Luxembourg
    5, rue de l’Eglise