Public Key and Host Based Authentication

From: Tucker Bradford (tucker@seti.org)
Date: 01/28/03

    Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:03:52 -0800
    From: Tucker Bradford <tucker@seti.org>
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    I am using OpenSSH v 3.4p1 on Solaris 6 (Sparc) compiled from source.
    I need to do an either or authentication. It used to be (using SSH.com sshd) that I could set up a set of AllowedAuthentications like this
    AllowedAuthentications publickey,password
    AllowedAuthentications hostbased,password

    This would allow me to specify a list of hosts who were allowed to connect, providing they had the correct password. It would also allow a host which wasn't in the allow list to connect by public key/password.

    Is there a way to do this in OpenSSH? I have looked through the man pages, but can't find anything conclusive. It looks like I can allow PubkeyAuthentication and Passwords, but not make any combinations. Also the only way I have found to filter out unknown hosts is through TCPWrappers.

    Thanks
    -=Tucker

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: solaris 10 DNS problems.... still.....
      ... The network is a dslmodem feeding a linksys router/ ... I am using static ip's on the other hosts, solaris 9, free bsd, suse ... I think that the 192.168.0 is a private IP/subnet, so it won't be able to get through the router to the DSL modem. ...
      (comp.sys.sun.admin)
    • Re: File Sincronization between hosts
      ... In my Job I have 3 solaris hosts: ... Each Solaris host haves /usr/ucb/sinchronized directories. ... syncronization may be running at any time from any server, ... if the master server goes down, you will not have access to the ...
      (comp.unix.shell)
    • solaris 10 DNS problems.... still.....
      ... Problems with DNS on a new solaris 10x86 install. ... The network is a dslmodem feeding a linksys router/ ... I am using static ip's on the other hosts, solaris 9, free bsd, suse ...
      (comp.sys.sun.admin)
    • Re: File Sincronization between hosts
      ... In my Job I have 3 solaris hosts: ... Each Solaris host haves /usr/ucb/sinchronized directories. ... syncronization may be running at any time from any server, ... if the master server goes down, you will not have access to the ...
      (comp.unix.shell)
    • Re: solaris 10 name resolution
      ... the problem is the configuration files in solaris 10 ... dns" the solaris work normaly again or like before. ... Surely the previous IP are defined in the DNS, define IP in hosts ... the name it resolves to the old ip address, so its not resolving it ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)