Public Key and Host Based Authentication

From: Tucker Bradford (tucker@seti.org)
Date: 01/28/03

    Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:03:52 -0800
    From: Tucker Bradford <tucker@seti.org>
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    I am using OpenSSH v 3.4p1 on Solaris 6 (Sparc) compiled from source.
    I need to do an either or authentication. It used to be (using SSH.com sshd) that I could set up a set of AllowedAuthentications like this
    AllowedAuthentications publickey,password
    AllowedAuthentications hostbased,password

    This would allow me to specify a list of hosts who were allowed to connect, providing they had the correct password. It would also allow a host which wasn't in the allow list to connect by public key/password.

    Is there a way to do this in OpenSSH? I have looked through the man pages, but can't find anything conclusive. It looks like I can allow PubkeyAuthentication and Passwords, but not make any combinations. Also the only way I have found to filter out unknown hosts is through TCPWrappers.

    Thanks
    -=Tucker

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: solaris 10 DNS problems.... still.....
      ... The network is a dslmodem feeding a linksys router/ ... I am using static ip's on the other hosts, solaris 9, free bsd, suse ... I think that the 192.168.0 is a private IP/subnet, so it won't be able to get through the router to the DSL modem. ...
      (comp.sys.sun.admin)
    • Re: File Sincronization between hosts
      ... In my Job I have 3 solaris hosts: ... Each Solaris host haves /usr/ucb/sinchronized directories. ... syncronization may be running at any time from any server, ... if the master server goes down, you will not have access to the ...
      (comp.unix.shell)
    • solaris 10 DNS problems.... still.....
      ... Problems with DNS on a new solaris 10x86 install. ... The network is a dslmodem feeding a linksys router/ ... I am using static ip's on the other hosts, solaris 9, free bsd, suse ...
      (comp.sys.sun.admin)
    • Re: File Sincronization between hosts
      ... In my Job I have 3 solaris hosts: ... Each Solaris host haves /usr/ucb/sinchronized directories. ... syncronization may be running at any time from any server, ... if the master server goes down, you will not have access to the ...
      (comp.unix.shell)
    • Setting MTU to a lower value ... what other impact ?
      ... I have Solaris8 installations on SPARC in a co-location site behind a CheckPoint FW-1 VPN. ... But when doing an FTP upload / scp upload from windows to the Solaris hosts, ... The eventual solution was to change the MTU setting on the Solaris host from 1500 to 1400. ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)